This policy explains how we collect, use and disclose the personal information you provide to us when you use our website, http://shecancode.io/
What personal information we collect about you?
We collect personal information that you have provided to us about yourself. This could include your name, address, email address, location, occupation, date of birth, website or blog address.
What we do with your personal information?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- Keep you informed on the progress of corporate diversity efforts as listed on our website;
- Send you information about our products, services and career opportunities, as well as third party (community and corporate partner) products and services that we think could be of interest to you (including promotions, discounts, job opportunities, blog posts and special events);
- Maintain our relationship with you (including responding to your questions);
- And create and maintain records for internal accounting and administration purposes.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
Is your information used for any other purpose?
We may also use your personal information for other purposes (and/or share your information with a third party) because we believe it is necessary to do so, in these circumstances:
- To provide you with goods or services which you have requested;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of our suppliers, customers or any member of the public;
- To prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements;
- To protect our interests (e.g. disclosing information to a court); or
- If the assets and operations of our business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
Do we share your information with third parties?
Your personal information is shared with third parties that we engage with to help us run aspects of our business through product and service partnerships, or suppliers. These partners are listed on our site under community and corporate partners.
When you provide us with your information, you are opting into our mailing list which we will use to send you information on our products and services, as well as third party products and services that we think could be of interest to you ((including promotions, discounts, job opportunities, blog posts and special events).
You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email communication that you receive from us. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to unsubscribe.
Updating or deleting information we have about you:
You can email us at email@example.com if you would like us to update or delete the information we keep about you, or through your own account login. We reserve the right to keep a copy of your personal information to comply with our record keeping obligations at law.
While we take reasonable steps to try and keep your personal information secure, unfortunately over the Internet there is not a 100% secure way of transferring data and information. We will not be responsible for any liability, loss or damage arising from unauthorised access to your information.
- The promoter is SheCanCode Limited whose registered office is at Smokehouse Yard 44-46, London, EC1M 4DF
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 - 65 years.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Twitter - @shecancodehq; Facebook and Instagram @shecancode
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be November 16th. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: In order to #WIN £50 Amazon voucher, either:
- Competition entry via Twitter: ReTweet #RiseandShine17 telling us (SheCanCode) who inspired you to get into tech & why.
- Competition entry via Facebook: 'Comment' below using the hashtag #RiseandShine17, telling us (SheCanCode) who inspired you to get into tech & why
- Competition entry via Instagram: Comment and tag the person who inspired you, using the hashtag #Riseandshine17 The Winner will be announced on November 17th on our Facebook page
The Winner will be announced on our Facebook page on the 17th November
SheCanCode will pick the winner at random from all complete entries via Twitter and Facebook. SheCanCode‘s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
The entrant must be following @ShecancodeHQ on Twitter and @Shecancode Facebook page in order to enter.
SheCanCode shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
SheCanCode also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
The prize is as stated - one (1) Amazon Voucher to the amount of £50 (fifty pounds only) and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter.
The winner will be notified by DM on Twitter/Facebook . If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize is delivered.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.