This policy explains how we collect, use and disclose the personal information you provide to us when you use our website, http://shecancode.io/
What personal information we collect about you?
We collect personal information that you have provided to us about yourself. This could include your name, address, email address, location, occupation, date of birth, website or blog address.
What we do with your personal information?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- Keep you informed on the progress of corporate diversity efforts as listed on our website;
- Send you information about our products, services and career opportunities, as well as third party (community and corporate partner) products and services that we think could be of interest to you (including promotions, discounts, job opportunities, blog posts and special events);
- Maintain our relationship with you (including responding to your questions);
- And create and maintain records for internal accounting and administration purposes.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
Is your information used for any other purpose?
We may also use your personal information for other purposes (and/or share your information with a third party) because we believe it is necessary to do so, in these circumstances:
- To provide you with goods or services which you have requested;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of our suppliers, customers or any member of the public;
- To prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements;
- To protect our interests (e.g. disclosing information to a court); or
- If the assets and operations of our business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
Do we share your information with third parties?
Your personal information is shared with third parties that we engage with to help us run aspects of our business through product and service partnerships, or suppliers. These partners are listed on our site under community and corporate partners.
When you provide us with your information, you are opting into our mailing list which we will use to send you information on our products and services, as well as third party products and services that we think could be of interest to you ((including promotions, discounts, job opportunities, blog posts and special events).
You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email communication that you receive from us. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to unsubscribe.
Updating or deleting information we have about you:
You can email us at email@example.com if you would like us to update or delete the information we keep about you, or through your own account login. We reserve the right to keep a copy of your personal information to comply with our record keeping obligations at law.
While we take reasonable steps to try and keep your personal information secure, unfortunately over the Internet there is not a 100% secure way of transferring data and information. We will not be responsible for any liability, loss or damage arising from unauthorised access to your information.