Join us for a high-impact event on how to change perceptions and inspire the growth of women in innovation
For the past 18 months, Innovate UK has been working to encourage diversity and inclusion in business innovation. We began our focus on better supporting women in innovation andthrough an awards programme identified a cohort of the most promising female innovators in the UK.
Since receiving Innovate UK backing – from funding, to advice on intellectual property and marketing – these women have gone on to achieve outstanding things.
But this group is just the tip of the iceberg. We know a lack of visible role models is a key factor in discouraging women across the UK from believing they can achieve their business ambitions. Now is the time to continue the conversation, to remove the barriers faced by female entrepreneurs and to build a community of role models who challenge the perceptions of what and who an entrepreneur can be.
Innovate UK is bringing together businesses from across the country with decision-makers from the Government, international innovation agencies, and academic professionals to hear from pioneers of innovation who are striving to change perceptions. Attendees will have the chance to discover the UK’s up-and-coming innovators and discuss how we can implement change across the sector.
The event will be held from 9.00am – 5pm at the Banking Hall in London.
We expect the event to be popular, so encourage registration as soon as possible.
- Dr Ruth McKernan CBE, Chief Executive, Innovate UK
- Jo Hutchinson, The Prince’s Trust
- Tabitha Goldstaub, CognitionX
- Becky Sage, Interactive Scientific Limited
- Hilde Hukkleberg, Innovation Norway
- Jade Lewis, Saint Gobain
- Nicole Pretorius, Co-founder, SheCanCode
- Kriti Sharma, VP, AI, Stealth mode start-up (TBC)
- Laura Haynes, Co-Chair, UN Women National Committee UK
- Emma Sceats, CN Bio
- Louise Doherty, Plan Snap
- Lorin Gresser, Dem Dx
- Shakardokht Jafari, TrueInvivo
- Donna Lyndsey, Bluesky World
- Virginia Gardiner, Loowatt
- Tera Allas, McKinsey
- Angela Farrugia, CAA Global Brands
- Paris Petgrave, We Love Work
- Emma Pinchbeck, Renewable UK
Check out site for full agenda