We're organising an evening of lightning talks for the summer :)
• 6.30 - 6.50pm: Arrivals and mingling
• 6:50 - 7pm: Introduction
• 7 - 7.45pm: First round of talks
• 7.45 - 7.55pm: Break
• 7.55 - 8:30pm: Last round of talks
The line up:
>> First round
(1) Seraphina Anderson -Python Development/Data Harvesting
Seraphine tweets at @Seraphina2010
(2) Simon Tomes - Discover the hidden value of exploratory testing. Go beyond tapping, clicking and checking your work. In this talk you'll learn why exploratory testing matters. You'll learn techniques that help you discover a deeper understanding of what your application is and what it might be.
Simon tweets at @simon_tomes
>> Second Round
(3) Kate Whalen - Customising Crawler Content: As an increasing number of people access the news through social networks, how can news organisations convey a brand identity on other platforms? This talk will explain how the Guardian programmatically alters images shared on social media, and give an introduction to the benefits of twitter-card and Open Graph meta-tags, as well as some pitfalls.
(4) Aniko Monika Toth - How did I choose Ruby in the end, and how to manage to self-study with a full-time job