This session will cover the complexities of working with products across the physical and software arena. We'll be covering how ideas and concepts become reality, how a PM works cross-functionally with multiple teams to keep a project flowing and how a PM continues to iterate and improve upon products after they've made it to consumers' hands.
- Collaboration at a large company requires clear communication, empathy, and a sense of humor.
- Large companies tend to have clearly defined roles and ownership for each job type whereas startups these lines can evolve and blur. Being a startup person can help you to succeed and grow faster at a large company by being comfortable taking initiative and expanding the scope of your role beyond the job description.
- Working at a large company with more defined customer problems and collaboration with many teams can help you to be more successful at a startup. Working at a large company can teach you how to turn the large startup mission into more tangible customer problems to attack and help you to create better communication patterns that allow smaller teams to flourish.
Meet the Speaker: Alexander Meyers
Alexander Meyers is a Product Manager at eBay in New York. He has previously worked as Chief Information Officer at MacroFuel Food. Alexander became a Product Manager and found that his wide range of skills was a perfect match for a career in product.
Get the FREE Product Book here
- Tickets sales at the door are from 6:00 - 6:30 PM (if any are still available)
- Event entrance and/or seating is based on a first come first served basis.
- Please arrive promptly. Doors lock at 7pm to avoid speaker disruptions.
- No refunds unless we have fully canceled the event. Date changes are not included.
- For additional info or questions, send an email to email@example.com
- For last minute questions, send a text to: (213) 947-9464