Wearables, e-commerce and fashion apps are transforming Fashion industry at a radical pace. From smart glasses to intelligent inventory to 3D print-your-own jewelry, technological disruption (and opportunity) is impacting the industry in diverse and unprecedented ways.
We will have a full day of workshops and talks, focusing on 'growthhacking' for Fashion Tech Startups!
Are you trying to shake up the fashion market? Join us to learn and network with the leading entrepreneurs and experts!
Workshop 'Legal Issues and Traps for Fashion Tech Startups'
This workshop is aimed to increase the awareness of startup legal issues and traps. It will include a ‘legal audit’ section teaching entrepreneurs how to do a legal healthcheck; case studies (where things go wrong!); and a Q&A to discuss any issues attendees want to raise.
You will learn:
- How to evaluate legal risks and run through all the legal aspects of running a startup;
- About ecommerce, consumer rights and e-marketplaces;·
- All you need to know if you are using personal data.
- About legal aspects of raising finance;
- How to protect intellectual property and about image rights;
- How to protect your business from liability.
Guy Wilmot is the Partner at Russell Cooke LLP. Guy has been a practicing lawyer for 10 years and specialises in advising entrepreneurs from start-up to exit. Guy’s particular specialism’s include corporate affairs, commercial contracts and intellectual property with a particular focus on technology, e-commerce and IT.
Marketing Workshop for Fashion Tech Startups
Marija Butkovic, digital marketing and PR strategist, is organising a workshop on how to become your own digital marketing and PR expert. If you're a founder of an early stage fashion tech or wearable tech business, or thinking about becoming one, this workshop is for you.
- how to grow your community online,
- how to do your social media like a pro,
- what should be your content and email marketing strategy,
- how to organise great events that will get oversubscribed,
- how to approach journalists, and much more
As PR strategist and journalist Marija has worked with some of the world's leading tech and business magazines and portals (Wired UK, TechCrunch, Venture Beat, Financial Times, Forbes, Business Insider, London Evening Standard, Sunday Times, Urban Wearables, EnGadget, Gizmag, The Telegraph, AdWeek, BuzzFeed, Woman Magazine, Mac Life, etc.).She is also a co-founder of Kisha Smart Umbrella - a wearable tech startup behind the world's smartest fashion tech umbrella, and Women of Wearables.